Perpetual Praise Choir
- For 9:00 and 10:30 services: This group is open to all persons age 12 and up. Weekly rehearsals are from 8:00 – 8:45 AM every Sunday (September through June) in the Choir Room. This non-audition choir invites both seasoned and inexperienced singers into its ranks. We’ll teach you how to sing and how to read music. Contact Bob Olson at 562-272-4971 or Robert.Olson@erc.la. Child Care is available.
- Rehearses on Tuesdays from 6:30-8:00 PM in the Sanctuary and leads worship for the Noon Service on Sundays. The music is Contemporary/Gospel and is led by Vickie Dove. For more information, you may contact her at 562-272-4988 or Vickie.Dove@erc.la. Ages 14 and up are welcome to participate. Child Care is available.
- For our 9:00 and 10:30 services: To be a part of this instrumental ensemble, you must be at least 14 years old and have at least three years playing experience on your instrument. The Orchestra accompanies the choir and worship during the 9:00 & 10:30 am worship services each week. Persons interested in playing in our orchestra must audition. For more information, contact Bob Olson at 562-272-4971 or Robert.Olson@erc.la.
- Participation in our praise teams is by audition only; rehearsal times depend on the various teams. For more information contact Bob Olson at 562-272-4971 or Robert.Olson@erc.la.
(K – 3rd grade) meets Tuesdays from 5:00-5:45PM in the Choir Room. The Choir will be learning how to praise and worship through songs and motions. They will be singing 6 – 8 times during the year including, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. For more information, please contact Becky Dorantes at email@example.com.
Mid-Cities Youth Choir
- (4th-8th grade) will meets every Tuesday from 5:00-6:00PM in the Worship Center at Emmanuel. Tryouts are each Tuesday from 4:30 – 5 PM in the Worship Center. This choir’s mission is designed to increase vocal skill and performance levels of each student and to develop aesthetic and cultural values through critical listening. Students perform a wide variety of choral literature, including classical, jazz, musical theater, Sacred/Christian (contemporary), and multicultural music. Students perform medium and difficult literature for performances in concerts, choral festivals, church services, and community-functions. Contact Rachel Thomas for more information. (firstname.lastname@example.org)