At Emmanuel, we’re intentional about practicing covenant theology. Parents and children become engaged in learning how to worship together. As you do so, you might find it a little more difficult. You might occasionally lose your focus and concentration, but guess what? Worship isn’t about you – it’s about God. He doesn’t get distracted by children’s worship – He rejoices! Here at Emmanuel, we’re raising worshipers!
During ALL of our services, we provide childcare for your children 6 weeks through 5th grade. Here’s what you need to know to make your visit enjoyable for everyone.
Sunday School (Preschool-5th Grade)
- Join us for fun stories, crafts, activities and interactive learning from the Bible. Sunday School is a great way for your children to grow in their relationship with God and make new friends all year long. Growing in wisdom, faith, and friendship – that’s what Sunday School is all about.
- All our Sunday School staff are CPR-trained and certified, and all volunteers must pass a strict background check in order to work with and care for the children of Emmanuel.
Nursery (6 weeks – 2 years old)
- Our nursery prides itself on being a place where any child will be loved, held, and cared for while you spend time in worship. We have a ratio of one caregiver for every three children in the nursery, enabling us to give the time and energy needed to each child during their time with us!
- All our nursery staff are CPR-trained and certified, and all volunteers must pass a strict background check in order to work with and care for the children of Emmanuel.
What to Bring (Nursery)
When packing a diaper bag for your child, please include the following items:
1. Two or three disposable diapers. No cloth diapers, please.
2. Pacifier or other item, should your child need it for security.
3. A complete change of clothes in case your child would require that.
4. A bottle of milk, formula, juice or water. (This is a good practice even for mothers who nurse.)
Please label all personal items with your child’s first and last name before arriving at your child’s class. This helps us keep track of your child’s items.
Your Child's Health (NURSERY & SUNDAY SCHOOL)
We operate a well-child program. For the protection of all the children in our ministry we cannot accept a child with a runny nose, fresh cold (four days or less), fever, rash, persistent cough, diarrhea or any other signs of illness. We request that you not place your child in the program while they are at risk of exposing other children. Thank you in advance for helping us keep our nursery a healthy place for all.
When You Arrive
You will meet our volunteers at the check-in area where you will check in and note any information that will help in caring for your child such as feeding times, sleeping times, allergies and special needs.
At the time of check-in, a leader will greet you and give you a pager and a nametag for your child. This pager will vibrate if we need you to come and check on your child. After the service, you will turn your pager in for a tag that will be needed to pick up your child. A child will not be released without presentation of the parents’ tag.
Snacks are provided for the children once they are in the Red Door Room (Toddlers). The food items consist of water and Cheerios, vanilla wafers, goldfish, or pretzels. If your child has an allergy, please inform the leader when you check in your child.
After you have completed the check-in process, simply wave a quick good-bye and leave for the worship service or your class. As you know, it is normal for little ones to cry when leaving a parent. This does not last long, and separation becomes easier over time. Our leaders will immediately try to create interest in a toy or activity and give assurance that you will return. If your child cries for an extended period of time of 10 minutes, we will page you.
Checking on Your Child
Feel free to check on your little one at any time. However, we ask that you do so discreetly, trying not to let your child see you.
Your child’s leader will expect the same person to drop off and pick up each child unless special instructions are given at check-in. You may pick up your child after you turn in your pager for a security pass. Please make sure that all your child’s personal items have been returned to you before you leave the premises.